Safety First provides comprehensive drug testing/screening programs that include testing for reasonable cause, post-accident, return to duty, pre-employment, and random sampling. In the development of the Safety First division, BHS recognized that a comprehensive approach to this problem is necessary–one which includes comprehensive policy development, staff education and training, a customized testing program, and an effective support system for the intervention and recovery of employees who need help. As an additional feature for qualified clients, BHS offers Department of Transportation (“DOT”) compliance review services. Services include mock audits to help identify common violations cited by the DOT as well as audit support as an actual audit is being conducted. BHS maintains the distinction of being the only regional Managed Behavioral Health Organization with a drug testing division.
- Drug-Free Workplace Program design
- A national network of certified laboratories and collection sites
- All services coordinated through BHS in compliance with SAMSHA regulations
- Centralized claims processing and management reports
- Medical Review Officer services
- Computerized random selection process that meets the requirements by 49 CFR Part 40, specified.